Sunday, August 16, 2020

Prayer Works

Received some news last night that put us on edge. *Nothing health related, just want to settle that now.* I shot messages to my closest supports, discussed with Kevin, then I grabbed my notebook. With tears streaming down my face, I began writing a prayer:

"Papa God, Help! Things went from great to uncertain very quickly. I pray for clarity, for wisdom, for guidance. You have a plan in this, give my heart, mind and soul peace. I need You to guide me. Give us unity and help us navigate this well. In Jesus name, Amen."

This morning, its still heavy around us. We choose to go to church for the first time since COVID. It wasn't a mistake that todau was the day our souls said "go" and our hearts were willing.

Service starts. Uncertainty, fear and panic threatens to over take.  Prayer writing instinctually happens.

"Papa God, You are all knowing God. You are the holder of all that has come and all that has gone. I need you now. I'm grateful that nothing surprises you. Anything that crosses our path has to he ordained by You. So if there is something that happens, then I can trust that you will guide, equip and strengthen us and help us through it. In Jesus name, amen."

Half way through church, the phone rings. The news was worse than anticipated. Disbelief and shock in some details, more uncertainty, major decisions need made and quickly.

More discussions happen once home. Send out some prayer requests for support in decision making and guidance. Within a few minutes a simple text comes through. One of support and offers of prayer leads to an answer. 

This season is looking nothing like we were anticipating. However, there is peace. We are blessed with the people we have around us.

God is good. He is faithful. Prayer is powerful. 

It hurts to admit that I'm rarely as prompt to pray when heavy stuff hits. The last couple days, its been almost a reflex. Which is exactly what its meant to be and how I want it to continue.

Over the last few weeks my spirit has been shifting my focus. Leading me in a new (to me) way to study the word. I've been listening to a life changing podcast as well. He has been convicting me, moving me and challenging me to turn back to my first Love. 

So I share this as an encouragement to anyone reading: prayer works. Even when you don't feel like it does: prayer works. Even when it feels like hope is lost: prayer works. Even when plans flip upside down on us: prayer works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...