Friday, March 16, 2012

FMF: Brave

Here we are once again friends, time for that five minutes every week, where I join with other bloggers on a quest to write without worrying if it's just right for a short period of time.



My hopes, is that this type of writing becomes more than just on Fridays. That I would seek to write untamed each day that He lays something on my heart.

BRAVE

To be brave, to me, is to face everything that life throws at you with an attitude of grace. Grace to those around you who may not understand. Grace to yourself for those times when you fall (because, let's be honest, as long as we're human, we're bound to fall every now and then). Grace to God.

Yes, extending grace to God sounds weird, but what is more brave? Hardening your heart when God has seemed to let you down, or allowing your heart to extend grace, hopeful in what He has planned through this season in your life? God doesn't need grace the same way we do, rather we need to learn to extend Him grace in efforts of letting go of the areas in where we feel He's let us down. If we don't, it is likely to turn into bitterness, and bitterness isn't brave.

To be brave, to say "it is well" in every area of life. So long as our soul can continue to say it is well, there will be hope. In hope we'll find the confidence to be brave, to face each day despite what's going on in the world around us.

Being brave takes courage. Courage to go against the flow. To believe in something contrary to what those around you belief. Not only believe such things, but to live them out. To allow it to change you. There is none more brave than those who live God's calling in the face of persecution and disdain.

STOP

Will you join us over at Lisa-Jo's place? Link your five minutes worth of two cents on the subject of brave? We'd love to have you.

12 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the beautiful hymn "Peace Like A River." It is well with my soul . . . such brave words indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I totally agree. You did a fantastic job, especially in explaining about extending grace to God. We just must trust that He is working things out and in the end, it will be better than we ever dreamed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to face everything life throws at you with an attitude of grace. that is one of the best definitions of bravery I've read all day! :) Thanks, Amy!!!
    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. To say "it is well" in every area of life is indeed brave. I needed to hear that. Thanks for this post! Linking up through Lisa-Jo!

    In Him,
    Kariss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love that hymn. I grew up singing it in church, I could probably quote the entire words. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a step I'm learning how to take day by day. It's always so amazing when we can sit back and see His plans fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki! I always look so forward to your comments. :) I'm not completely sure how bravery brought the concept of grace up, but I'm so glad He did. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Kariss! Glad He used the words that were brought to mind to touch you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! There is SO much wisdom here that I don't even know where to begin....bravery through grace, grace for God, brave to say it is well....

    Oh girl...you are challenging me so much!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lindsey! When I started writing, I wasn't sure where it was going to go. Reading back, I'm like "wait...where did this come from." Ah the beauty of the Spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It IS well, isn't it, friend?
    No matter the outcome!

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...