Wednesday, April 17, 2013

RTW: Perfection

As the days tick on. I want to make this Running Towards What concept into a series. How long this series will last? I don't know. How many topics we'll end up covering? I can't say. All I know is the more thought I give to what I see myself and those I care about running toward, the more posts that come to mind.

 photo 0d427f20-e533-4904-9d30-f5db0085a1ea_zps24ca39eb.jpg

As I reflected on my last post, I couldn't help but think, how many times do I chase after this worldly ideal of perfection. Running towards the need to always do the right thing, the exact right way. Striving to be the perfect example of a Christian.  Longing for the perfect body. Working toward the perfect family. Driving for what we see as the American dream, because in our minds, that is the perfect life.

Failing to remember that sometimes the best step toward perfection is to admit that we are not and allow the One who is to step into those places.

However, in those times when we're feeling less than perfect, or wishing that everything was picture perfect is when we need to grasp onto Philippians 1:6:
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

We have the guarantee that one day, probably on the other side of eternity, all this imperfection will become complete. One day, those of us whose faith is in Christ will see perfection. That is a promise that we can cling to.

Maybe, if I would be running toward a closer, more intimate relationship with my Creator who is truly perfect, then will I be able to even get a step closer to perfection. Not perfection as we see it here on earth, but perfection in an eternal sense. A sprint into the arms of Christ that I may experience even a glimpse of what wholeness can actually look like.

If there's any one topic that may fit in here, feel free to share your ideas with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good post. I've considered blogging about my journey to becoming a runner. Still thinking on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it and link up with mustlovegod's Count Me Accountable on Thursdays

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...