Thursday, April 4, 2013

How are we doing? {CMA}

Last week, I posted about striving to be content in the circumstances I am in. As Satan loves to do, that is the area he's slammed into that very area of my life. I'd love to be able to say I've been able to combat his attacks successfully, but I haven't.

I have tried to steer my thoughts in directions that wouldn't lead to a breakdown, but if I'm honest, I've broken down at least 3 times this week. Almost all of them surrounding work in general. That I have to work. The stress I get from my current position. Not liking the shift I'm working. Dreams that I have, that need to be placed on hold for a while. I could go on and on.

I have been able to slow down some. Enjoy the few mornings that Andrew is actually awake before I have to leave for work. I have made some time together with Kevin, not daily, but definitely over the weekend. As well as finding the time to physically rest on days following sleepless nights.

So, this week, I am continuing on this challenge for myself. While doing so, I will be taking the time to stop and pray when I feel overwhelmed. Seek for peace in His presence. Look for His direction and reassurances that I am on the right path.

Each morning, I will work towards living in the moment. To loving the life I have been given. To seeking shelter in the safest Place I can find. Writing out my thoughts, feelings, emotions to get them down and not allow them to run me down.

count-me-accountable


So friend, how are you doing on the goals and dreams you have for your life? I'd love to hear your heart as well.

2 comments:

  1. I have struggled with this more than once! I pray & ask Him to help me live in the moment & enjoy every bit of the "right here, right now" He has given me! Easier said than done, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I don't know if it's because Satan attacks even harder as soon as he knows we are working on a specific area, or if it's our own sinful nature that suddenly rears it's head when it hears we are attacking it, however, I too have found myself under severe attack when it comes to a specific area I've been trying to work on.
    Persevere my friend! I am encouraged by your post here and want to follow your lead to take the time to stop and pray when feeling overwhelmed. We will be successful through His power! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...