Thursday, March 28, 2013

Contentment {CMA}

Our weekly Count Me Accountable link up is all about living a healthier life. Lately, I've set out with some great goals, written with determination, at least one each week. All with the hope of getting back on track. To living a healthier life. To improving myself for the benefit of myself. For the benefit of my husband. For the benefit of my son. For the benefit of every person I love.

Then it dawned on me this week. Rather He revealed to me. Before I can build upon my life to improve it, I need to be happy with my life. I need to rediscover myself. I need to learn to be content with who I am. To find peace within the situation I am in. To find the joy of being where I am at. To living in the moment. Without worries of what I should be doing. Where I should be heading. How I want to look. The size I want to be. And so on.

So my goal is to allow life to slow down  a little. To enjoy each and every phase my son is in without wondering when the sleep will come. Without desiring him to be able to do this or that. I want to enjoy this time with my family. To make and cherish the time with Kevin. To make time with him a priority over anything else that longs to take it.

Friends, it's time. It's time for me to live and love this life. Rather than trying to make it better. After all, I need to be happy with where I am. Before, when I was improving myself it was because I was happy. Because I was content. Because I was secure in who I was, where I was, despite all the chaos that was going on around me.

Now, with the challenges of being a first time mom, with all the change that comes with a new job for Kevin, plus the factor of not liking the fact that we work different shifts, I'm in the place I want to be. Mentally. Emotionally. Spiritually.

I love my family and I want to be all there when I'm with them. So that's the place I'm going to start. After all, who wouldn't want to spend as much time with these guys as possible.

Photo

IMG_0042


Andrew's BIrth 080


2 comments:

  1. I often find that once I find joy and peace where I'm at, that's when He moves in me and when He moves me. He wants our joy to come from Him and not pure circumstances. You are an amazing Child of God who has been given the gift of a loving husband and a beautiful baby boy. You have all the you need and so much more. God bless you for seeing the joy in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, congratulations! I really don't think I've come over in that long!! He is so precious! And I love your heart in finding contentment right here in the now. I'm with you - so blessed. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...