Saturday, January 11, 2014

When Seasons Change

Last night, marked the unofficial end of a season.

For the last 2 years I have been meeting most weeks with a fellow believer. I would use the term mentor, but it's so much more than that. We have been through life changing highs and just as drastic lows. Some huge victories and some upsetting failures. We have laughed, we've cried, we've joked, we've prayed, we've had deep heart to heart discussions, as well as "blow off days."

We ventured in, wading slowly at first. Feeling each other out. Gaining roots with every sip of coffee/pop.

We made it through 4 books. We've had countless "mental health" meetings. We have had a lot of fun.

I have grown so much in the past couple years and I know much of it wouldn't have happened without her next to me.

Now the winds are shifting. She's being called to serve her family states away. The impact on my life won't be forgotten. All I can say is thank God for the technology to instantly connect...even from a distance.

So to you, Angela, I say thank you. Thank you for your time. Thank you for your encouragement and your challenges. Thank you for your love and your support. I can't wait to see an hear what God's gonna do for you. For your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...