Friday, January 13, 2012

The looks of limitless

A few weeks ago, a word was impressed upon my heart. It was to be my word for 2012. That word was and still is limitless.


Over the past couple days I've found myself wondering "where have I seen something limitless or has the word molded my day to day actions. I came up empty.

That was...until today. I was sitting in intermediate mandt (self-defense 101) for work. We were on break and I was thinking on my word. When suddenly it dawned on me...this word is going to look different from day-to-day, week-to-week, ect.

Jan 1-7: God showed me what limitless joy looks like. The first week of the year was amazing. Must Love God got off to a great start. I have met some wonderful women through this blessing. I got started on an amazing journey through Paul's life with some precious friends. I have a new mentor relationship that started up this week as well, I'm really excited about all God's going to do in and through it. I have also set out on a journey to pray for Kevin for 31 days, each day has a different area to pray over.

Jan 8-14: This week God has shown me what his limitless strength looks like. I was looking SO forward to this week. Sunday was spent spending time with my sister down in Indy celebrating my birthday. Monday was the day my first post ran on Must Love God. This week classes started. This week was my first "official" meeting with my mentor and I also got together with the amazing woman who mentored me before. However, this week has ended on a something that's hard to bear. More to come on that later.

So far, for me, limitless has taken on very different looks. The first joy--oh the joy I felt last week. This week, the look is His strength because without it I wouldn't be able to bear life sometimes.

For those of you who already have a word this year, how's it going for you? I'd love to know.

For those of you who don't, it's not to late to start!

Blessings friends.

Here's to a weekend of relaxation.

8 comments:

  1. I love this!
    All of the different ways that He is limitless, and that He makes us limitless.

    Wow!!!

    (And sweetheart.. I am grieving this week that you are having... I was supposed to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um.. IT was supposed to be amazing. Not me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my hopes too. But when Monday came and went with not a whole lot excitement, I could kinds tell the type of week I was gonna have, plus behaviors at work were on the rise. But I still have 50 weeks of 2012 left...let's hope they're more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love how God is...variety. He's the same, and yet reveals Himself differently each time. So interesting. {Although I hate that life has hit a bump. Praying.}

    As for my word, 'with'...it is different, every.single.day. And I love it. I am 'with' Him in a new sense. Sometimes strong and intense, other times, soft and quiet. It's nice. {And hang in there...;) }

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,, allow me to introduce myself..my name is Karen from http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
    I came by to visit via my new favorite place to stop by...Make me a Mary blog...
    I love you word Limitless..and what a loaded word it is..God has a lot going on with me so far this year,,but he has not really given me a "word" yet.. or maybe he just wants me to stick with the word he gave me for the last couple of years.. "Choice, choose, chosen".. another loaded word..lol....
    Well I really enjoyed visiting you and will be back soon to say hello again..and if you get a chance I would love it if you could swing by Glass of Sweet Tea for a little while..
    Have a blessed day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one of the things I think I love most about Him. He's variety but constant at the same time. I've been resting on the prayers of those around me, I'm almost certain. If that wasn't the case...I don't know what state I'd be in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! So glad you decided to stop over here and share! Don't you just LOVE Amy? She's amazing.

    Any form/ideal of chosen would hit me real close to home. I struggle with insecurity, have for most of my life. It's gotten better over the past 2 or 3 years since I've been learning to "take every thought captive", but it still lurks there.

    Can't wait to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] belovedpursuit for those seeking their creator HomeBlogging FriendsWho is Amy McCollister? RSS ← The looks of limitless [...]

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...