Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Days of Music: Day 2


If I had to pick one song (yes one song) that started my love of songs and helped me to see how they nourished and healed my soul, it would be this one.


When I was a kid, my family went through a rough time, and my dad left the house for a while. I can remember playing this song on loop because it was a song my dad played for me and told me that if I ever missed him, all I had to do was listen to this song to be reminded that he missed me too. So on those nights that I missed being able to sit on his lap, and watch TV or read books, or just talk (which was daily), I would play this song.

On the day I got married, I couldn't think of a better song to walk down the aisle to. It was a surprise to my dad. This is for you Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I completely agree with you. Music has such a healing quality sometimes. There are some wonderful songs that are so near and dear to my heart because they have ministered to me during rough seasons. Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible song! I agree with Jennifer above ~ music does have a healing quality. Sometimes it says what we don't have the ability to say.I appreciate your hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your kind words! I love your series - This song in particular always gets to me. One of my all-time favorites! It was my sister's daddy-daughter dance song :)

    ReplyDelete

My Red Sea Road

  For a few weeks now this feeling has come and gone. It goes as quickly as it arrives.  For several days, it felt as though we were staring...